Requesting a prescription without an appointment:
If your health is stable, you have been seen recently and if your medication request is uncomplicated we are usually happy to organise a repeat prescription for you without you seeing a Doctor or Practice Nurse.
The best way to request a repeat prescription...
- Request your prescription through the MMH (Manage My Health) patient portal. Remember to tell us which pharmacy you would like your prescription emailed to.
- If you have not signed up to MMH ask our reception team how to register. You can do this in person at your visit or over the phone.
- Telephone the surgery (03 5482763). A request will be logged with one of the Practice Nurses who may need to ring you back to clarify your request. Reception will probably ask you to confirm your immediate contact details and the specific medication you are requesting. It is really useful for you to have the name and dose of the medications you need, when you ring in.
- If you call in to the surgery the same process as above will be followed. Again, it is useful for you to have the name and dose of the medications you need.
- If you are registered to use Manage My Health, our online Patient Portal, you are able to request a repeat prescription online. This only applies to long term medications that have been previously prescribed at Harley Street.
Requesting a repeat prescription by email:
- We do not handle email requests for medications, as the Practice Nurses or Doctors often need to clarify other issues with you before completing the prescription.
Please read the following information before requesting a repeat prescription
We need 24 hours to organise your prescription and have it ready for you to collect from reception.
There is an additional fee for same day prescriptions and for those emailed to a pharmacy.
In your best interests, we will want to see you at regular intervals to review your health and / or medications.
See our contact information here.